Friday 6 March 2015

Prince on Bonds - Sell 'em like it's 1994

NFP's have damaged US Treasuries to the extent that I think I can resurrect and retune my bond version of Prince's 1999. Sorry Prince.

Sell 'em like it's 1994

Don't worry, I won't hurt you
I only want you to buy my bonds

Was I dreamin' when I bought these
Cuz' they sure ain't goin' my way
After NFP's this mornin'
Coulda sworn it's judgment day
The screens all bloody,
There are yields rising everywhere,
Tryin' to run from bond destruction,
Just gimme a bid that's fair.

Cuz' they say two thousand fourteen bond QE party over,
Oops, through the floor.
So tonight I'm gonna sell 'em like it's 1994.

I was dreamin' when I bought these
Thinking Fed would buy and buy 'em fast.
But QE was just a party. QE parties weren't meant to last
Growth is all around us, my mind says prepare for flight
So if I gotta deal, I'm gonna sell my bonds tonight.

Yeah, they say two thousand fourteen bond QE party over,
Oops, through the floor
So tonight I'm gonna sell 'em like it's 1994

Yeah
Lemme tell ya somethin'
If you didn't come to buy mine.
Don't bother knockin on my door
I got some stocks in my pocket,
And baby they've started to roar
Yeah, everybody's long bonds,
Watch 'em all dive today
But before we'll see that happen,
I'll have sold mine anyway.

Oh, they say two thousand fourteen bond QE party over,
Oops, through the floor,
Were runnin' out the door (tonight I'm gonna)
So tonight we gonna (dump 'em like it's 1994)
We gonna, oww

Say it one more time
Two thousand fourteen bond QE party over,
Oops, through the floor,
Were runnin out the door (tonight I'm gonna)
So tonight we gonna (dump 'em like it's 1994)
We gonna, oww

Alright, it's 1994
You say it, 1994
1994
1994 don't stop, don't stop, say it one more time
Two thousand fourteen bond QE party over,
Oops, through the floor,
Yeah, yeah (tonight Im gonna)
So tonight we gonna (sell 'em like it's 1994)
We gonna, oww

Yeah, 1994 (1994)
Don't you remember well (1994)
When all bonds were a sell  (1994)
Prices fell down the well (1994)
I don't wanna loss,
I'd rather give all my bonds away (1994)
Listen to what I'm tryin to say
Everybody, everybody say sell 'em
C'mon now, no hope from Yellen
That's right, everybody say (sell 'em)
Can't run from the revaluation, no (sell 'em)
Sell 'em, watch these Govies fall (sell 'em)
Tell ya the Fed's a hikin' baby, sell (sell 'em)
Employment's risin' (sell 'em)
Cmon, cmon, you sell (sell 'em)
Everybody, (sell 'em )
Sell 'em down to the ground, sell (sell 'em )
(dwell them )
Come on, take my bonds, baby (sell 'em)
That's right, and buy the Dax (sell 'em )
(sell 'em )
That's right (sell 'em)
Got stocks 'n' shares in my pocket man and Bonds? (sell 'em )
Oh, they've dumped right through the floor (sell 'em)

Mommy, why is everybody selling bonds?
Mommy, why is everybody selling bonds?




No comments: